Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

Lets all go to the lobby

HOKAY!!!!

My favourite films of all time. (in no order)



Labyrnth (1986)- This movie has been a part of my life since for ever. I still watch it with my friends. The ladies, they like bowie's package which is just out there. Like its so there, you can't stop looking at it. It draws you in like the wonderful songs (penned and performed by Bowie) and the wonderful puppets and creatures(a jim henson creation) When I think of Lucas, I think Labyrnth and not "indiana wars"

The Princess Bride (1987)-This is where my ovaries make their appearence. God I love this movie, it's perfect! Andre the FUCKING Giant is in it. That alone consitutes this as one of my favourites. But seriously all freaking huge fucking giants aside. Its a wonderful love story, cheesy, but made to be cheesy. Sure it made me cry once, (actually a jumbo jet managed to park itself on my nuts at the same time so the cause of the crying is up to debate)


Willow (1988)-Guys i was one when this movie came out. I had no idea why i love it so much, but its always been there for me. As long as i can remember. Wanna know why i love it? The fantasy aspect(which is a recurring theme in this list so far) and sword play, and the fact that the main character was everyones favourite ewok: Warwick Davis!! Even a gruffy looking Val Kilmer as Mad Martigan. Damn you Lucas!!

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)- I don't even need to rectify this one. A classic.

The Warriors (1979)- Don't worry! I wasn't gonna 'go faggot' on everyone as Ajax would of put it. This is something i discovered when i was older alot older at like 3 in the morning 3 years ago on the 3rd of...nah not like that but something like that. Theres just something about the warriors that makes me good. These guys are a bunch of thieves, bullys and one is pretty much a rapist and you spend the whole film cheering their long trek home.

Commando (1985)-Holeeeeeey shit. This is pretty much the motherload of awesome 80s action. Thats it, don't expect plot or any pussy shit.(but do expect a montage with arnold and a young Alyssa Milano feeding a deer and stuff) This movie does not stop just blood pumping action and hillarious one liners. Actually the best one liners ever. Any other action movie you've seen is just copying Commando. Fuck. Its awesome.


Big Trouble in Little China (1986)-Kung fu fighting, Gun fights, Sorcery, Ninjas Monsters, And Kurt Russell. It might be hard to follow and the pacing is terrible, but its got this special sweetness about it. Did i mention Lo Pan? Maybe i should type lo pan over and over again so people get the picture Lo Pan Lo pan Lo pan Lopan.

Why are all the good movies from the 80s? I was either not alive when these came out. Or was pretty much not capable of watching movies. Anyways here are some honorable mentions i am too lazy to write about

The Goonies
Predator
Predator 2
The Alien Movies
Billy Madison
Howl's Moving Castle
Mobile Suit Gundam I II III
Happy Gilmore
AirHeads
Disney Movies
The Producers
StarWars (i guess)

Comments:
yes! airheads!!!!
did you like Empire Records? funny movie.
dissapointed there wasn't
Bill & Teds excellent adventure &/or Bogus Journey =[
 
dam skippy, i agree with everything except willow, but that's because i've never seen willow.
finally, a blog with substance!
 
Big Trouble in Little China & Commando are probably my favs outta' your list... All great movies, but those 2 I watched the most when I was younger!
Arnold was the biggest bada$$ I've ever seen in a movie and I was always a fan of the guy that had the electrical power in Big Trouble/Little China...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?